Friday, February 8, 2013

Horsing Around with Vintage Equestrian



As you see from this collection of images, that I have squirrelled away in my own house inspiration file, I do love a line up of riding boots in a hallway.  Love that vintage equestrian look.  


Not in a contrived way, but showing how the inhabitants live and what they like ... a bit of dirt on the boots ... a few scuffs on the shoes ... vintage leather, wooden boot stays and vintage painted country scenes.



I don't know why I love it or where this desire comes from for me ... and may hark back to some equestrian gene .... perhaps from my great grandma Kirkwood, who was apparently a brilliant horsewoman, having lived on the family property since she was married.  And as family legend would have it, Connie was still riding horses only a few years before she died at the age of 96.


No boots here but that's all it needs to be perfect!


Even a run of wellington boots and shoes some how screams to me,  "I have life!", "I am lived in!".  


What do you think?  Do you like a horsey equestrian look?  Or do you like a lighter touch but enjoy a run of shoes near the door?  Or ~ do you have no choice because that is where the family leaves them!

Love to hear your thoughts.

Have a great weekend; we have one of our last few quietish ones before kid's sports takes over nearly every weekend day until August!  So I have a few projects on to clean and paint some lovely items to put out at the Woolloongabba Store next week, and will play show and share with you next week also!

Jennifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and feedback, thanks for taking the time to respond!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...