Saturday, April 14, 2012

Autumn Showers....

Autumn showers seem to have settled in Brisbane.

Our first Easter holiday week was DIVINE sunny weather with many of our friends having escaped to the beaches.  Not so this past week, a cool change came through and today is a very showery Saturday.

I don't mind the rain though - in fact I love the way it makes everything fresh and clean and new.  It's all about perspective I guess... living in Brisbane, Australia we have a very sunny climate so a cooler change makes us instantly think of cosy interiors, log fires and delicious hearty food!

Paris in rain

I especially love it when I am in Paris on a buying trip as a rainy day just means a cosy cafe with a creamy chocolat chaud [hot chocolate] or café crème and all the people-watching your heart could desire!

Vintage wooden Paris Cafe Sign


But right now, I'm going to try a warm hearty recipe from kitchen maven Donna Hay that she sent through this week - just sounds delish.  I love to cook, so although mine will taste great, I won't post a photo of my version as hers will always look much better!

Enjoy!
Jennifer.
Donna Hay Spicy Sweet Potato Quinoa and Speck Soup



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and feedback, thanks for taking the time to respond!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...