Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Summer Days

Summer holidays are over for me, but far from over for the boys.  Once the heat of the day starts to pass, out come the cricket stumps and the repetitious thwack of the ball begins, followed by the inevitable discussion in passionate raised voices, of boundaries, rules and whether 'that counts' or not!


I am finding it very hard to 'wind up' again and try to get some work done!  We have just returned rested, reinvigorated and rejuvenated after a wonderful skiing holiday to Japan with friends (more on that later), and yet life here seems so strange in its usual summery goings on.


Washing mountains of woollen thermals, scarves, beanies, mittens and jumpers (sweaters) against a backdrop of a cicadas buzzing to a deafening roar; pool splashing and children's squeals; and a mower droning in the distance.  And all the while passing thoughts of "this time last week we had just finished dinner and were walking home in the snow in -17C"!


I hope you have enjoyed you break as much as I have and boy did I need it!

Over the coming days, I'll have lots more new stock in store and have lots of pics to share.  I also need to start booking my next buying trip to France, and so will share with you what I plan to be doing and seeing.  I have also had some friends just returned from Paris and others going later in the year to a rural french wedding - wouldn't that be a wonderful experience!  and have ended up with lots of ideas to share with you.

I hope that life is treating you well wherever in the world you find yourself at the moment.

All the best,
Jennifer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and feedback, thanks for taking the time to respond!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...