Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bench Seat for a Boot Room

I was looking for a bench seat for the bootroom to finish off this space, as it just needed somewhere for everyone to perch.

I managed to find this piece at a local supplier.  (Yes, sshhh! it is new and not vintage!)  And it's available to order if you should like it too!

I just loved the hessian-covered look and the dimensions (1500mm long, 500mm deep) work so well for this spot - a necessity for the boys to sit somewhere while they hoist on trainers, rugby boots and school shoes.


Hessian-covered painted wooden bench seat, vintage fabric cushions, Armadillo&Co Nest weave rug, all available to order via Vintage Finds
And to be frank, with that finish, this piece is perfect for the knocks and scrapes it is likely to get in this room!


Iron and Carved Wood bench seat (2400L 360D 460H)  Available to order via Vintage Finds

I was originally looking at this wood and iron bench seat.  Which I also love for it's simple rustic charm.  It would probably have been my preferred option, but at 2400mm long it would completely fill the space and I think look too cramped.  And so I am happy with the choice I have made.

What do you think?

Jennifer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and feedback, thanks for taking the time to respond!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...